How do I sterilize ViVitro equipment?
You can obtain various sterility assurance levels with our products. Many customers successfully use our products for a variety of different sterile applications. The attached PDF provides a table showing all of the standard wetted materials contained in ViVitro products.
How do I mount my device in the Pulse Duplicator or HiCycle?
The Valve Mounting Procedure describes the method for moulding silicone device holder rings and mounting devices for the ViVitro Labs Pulse Duplicator, HiCycle, and RWT. This method allows the device to be mounted and removed without altering or damaging the device. For information on how to purchase pre-made, custom device holders, please contact email@example.com.
10 ways ViVitro Pulse Duplicator and HiCycle compare to equipment built in-house
People often ask, “Why buy a ViVitro Pulse Duplicator or HiCycle when I could build something myself? How do they compare to equipment built in-house ?” My initial reaction is always similar to that of Dominik Obrist, Chair University of Bern, ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research, Cardiovascular Engineering: “It’s more complicated than you think.” Dominik speaks from experience.
“Complicated” is actually short hand for “takes time, requires expertise, and ends up costing more.” Here is my top 10 list of reasons why you should outsource the purchase of Pulse Duplicator and Durability testing equipment instead of doing it yourself:
- Ease of Use – First of all ViVitro Pulse Duplicator or HiCycle equipment will hands down be more user friendly and easier to use than any in-house system. This is especially important if you are trying to get fast, repeatable, and consistent results from technicians or students. Simplicity is an inherent design criteria from the device mounting, to the data acquisition system, and software.
- Reliability – When you need results in a hurry you can depend on our equipment. Our Pulse Duplicator and HiCycle products work day in day out in countries around the world and have a proven track record of reliability. If in the unlikely event you manage to damage the equipment, see my next point…
- Repairs- When ViVitro Pulse Duplicator or HiCycle equipment breaks you can immediately call on extra resources to get the issue resolved right away. For example, we inventory parts that can be easily dropped in if anything fails. Will a homemade Pulse Duplicator or Durability Tester system give you that peace of mind? Download our Maintenance Brochure
- Reputation – When you report results from a ViVitro Pulse Duplicator or HiCycle system, regulators, reviewers and academics around the world know exactly what that means and how it was measured. If you do the same with your own system you will likely receive a plethora of questions trying to understand how your measurements were conducted. Check out our citations page for a sampling of publications that use our equipment.
- Qualification – Many users struggle to validate that their in-house equipment is working properly. With ViVitro you can call in expertise to make sure your installed system is working to spec. Download our Qualification Brochure
- Training – If you have user turnover (be it employee or student), you can call in experts or access online information to get their replacements up and running right away. We invest in a variety of user manuals and training materials which in-house systems will not have. Download our Training Brochure
- Cost – Researchers sometimes believe that a simple home built Pulse Duplicator or Durability Tester system could be made for less. First, factor in the time someone will spend developing their own test equipment instead of focusing on advancing their device. Combine that with the one-off machining costs for a “prototype”, and add overhead costs (which are often neglected) like documentation, user manuals etc. ViVitro Pulse Duplicator and HiCycle equipment quickly become a very cost effective way to accelerate your development.
- Flexibility – If your needs change, ViVitro Pulse Duplicator and HiCycle equipment have a variety of accessories to grow with your development. Our platform of testers makes it easy to transition your device from pulsatile testing to durability testing and back. The look and feel of ViVitro Pulse Duplicator and HiCycle equipment and software is consistent from product to product. Once you know how to use one, it is intuitive to work another. If you grow and need more capacity it can be order by phone or email.
- Consistency – If you ever require independent results from an ISO 17025 accredited test lab, you can come back to ViVitro to evaluate your device with no surprises due to equipment differences.
- Looks- As an engineer, my opinions on esthetics are somewhat suspect, but ViVitro systems look professional and impressive to visitors and investors. Home built systems often place no emphasis on appearance and deliver limited visual credibility.
Lab Manager, MSc.
ViVitro Labs Inc
Will you accept credit card payments?
We accept all major credit cards to make purchasing parts or accessories as convenient as possible.
Can your products operate at 230 VAC/50 Hz?
Yes. ViVitro products are configured to meet all power requirements. Each order is accepted for the specific power requirements of the country of destination and converted to 120 or 230 volts as required. Please specify voltage requirements (120/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz) and plug type (NA, EU, UK) when ordering.
Where are your products available?
We have shipped goods to more than 40 countries. We are very familiar with custom requirements and can assure your product is delivered without incident.
Where is your equipment manufactured?
All of our hardware and software products are manufactured in the StarFish Medical production facility in Victoria BC Canada.
Where can I find the serial number of my ViVitro Product?
Click the appropriate link below for an image showing the location of the serial number label on your device.
How can I get a user manual for my ViVitro product?
Pulse Duplicator, SuperPump, SuperPump VIA Accessory, HiCycle user manuals can be downloaded from the respective product pages. DAS user manuals for Pulse Duplicator and HiCycle products can be downloaded from the software tab pages of the respective products. Manuals for other products are currently being updated. Please contact us for copies of these manuals.