ViVitro Labs provides testing services and equipment to support the continued innovation of cardiovascular devices with a focus on heart valve replacement and repair. An internationally recognized and trusted source for testing expertise, ISO 17025 certified, and with a reputable history of more than 25 years, ViVitro Labs is a small company relied upon by hundreds of organizations in over 40 countries for their consulting and custom engineering solutions to test the industry’s most advanced cardiovascular devices. ViVitro Labs works closely with universities, medical device manufacturers and regulatory agencies to support their research, regulatory, and production requirements. As a leader in the heart valve testing industry, ViVitro is an active participant in several ISO working groups.
ViVitro Labs is a small, tight-knit team looking for significant growth in the coming 5 years.
Working closely with the award-winning CEO of StarFish Group, the President will apply his/her strong technical and engineering background to develop and execute an ambitious growth plan for ViVitro Labs. The President’s role is to develop, oversee, direct and evaluate the strategy to successfully build on the excellent reputation of ViVitro Labs. The President will identify and evaluate key market niches, increase sales of current products, and recommend the direction of future business. This role requires a strong focus on business development, sales, operations and R&D management, as well as public relations and marketing in order to see ViVitro Labs continue to build its capacity in the global marketplace.
- Provide overall leadership and management of ViVitro Labs, with a focus on business development, R&D oversight, product sales and development, including: defining, developing, and implementing products, and authoring marketing and sales strategies to meet financial targets set out in the business plan;
- Build on the existing customer base and manage the client’s needs (as well as unforeseen issues resolution) from the proposal stage to after-delivery service;
- Ensure adequate allocation of resources to support current opportunities and drive future business needs;
- Lead, develop, mentor and continue to hire into an exceptionally talented group of technical staff;
- Monitor and maintain detailed analysis of customers and competitors;
- Report on meaningful metrics for the site, showing growth and improvement;
- Build out consulting service capacity and act in an advisory capacity to our clients.
Education and Experience Required
- A Bachelors or higher degree ideally in engineering or life sciences, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least 5 - 10 years’ related technical (e.g. test instrumentation, aerospace or other similar industry) experience – preferred within the cardiovascular industry, desirable within the test instrumentation;
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. ISO 17025, etc.);
- Experience with P + L ownership.
- International sales, support and service knowledge;
- Deep understanding of the cardiovascular research and development market is preferred (or fast learning ability to gain knowledge of the industry);
- Strong organizational, leadership, decision-making, and relationship skills;
- Solid expertise and analytical skills related to budgeting, finance and profitability;
- Demonstrated success managing, motivating and mentoring technical teams;
- Proactive, detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate technical details to and with researchers.
- Experienced team builder with excellent interpersonal skills and strong client focus;
- Focused on pursuing vision while maintaining effective command of operational detail;
- Authentic pragmatism combined with a positive, “can do” attitude;
- Perceptive, adaptable and comfortable working under pressure and across international geographies and time zones;
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic;
- Comfortable with a culture of transparency and empowerment.
Victoria, British Columbia
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.