North America BD Manager
Based in the United States and reporting to the group President, ViVitro Labs, the North American Business Development Manager will lead the sales and marketing efforts for the company and for its commercial partners. You will represent ViVitro’s contract testing and engineering services portfolio, correctly identify customer needs and be able to suggest appropriate engineering solutions and communicate proposals effectively.
The Business Development Manager will establish and maintain long-term customer relationships and develop key accounts. Travel to commercial partners and customers around the globe will be required once the person reaches the desired level of performance. Frequent travel to customers in the USA and Canada is required.
After training and gaining an understanding of the most important technical aspects of this position, the Business and Development Manager will then be trained to master the company’s contract testing and equipment portfolio, to lead sales and promotional efforts across North America and extend our reach beyond the existing key accounts. The successful candidate will embrace the challenge of developing strong and trusted internal relationships with the technical teams based in Marseille, France, and in Victoria, Canada, as well as with our US and Canadian business partners. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the key responsibilities listed below.
- Sell contract testing and engineering services portfolio, engage with existing accounts, reconnect with dormant accounts, and acquire new accounts.
- Establish and proactively maintain strong professional relationships with key decision makers and influencers within accounts in the assigned territory.
- Meet and exceed sales goals and drive for maximum sales growth in assigned territory.
- Successfully build and execute an annual sales plan and prepare required weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Report to management on market and industry intelligence and trends.
- Identify and communicate on customer current and future needs.
- Deliver business development related presentations, negotiate, and close business with nominated accounts.
- Provide positive leadership and representation of ViVitro Labs to the public, customers, vendors, and to all employees.
- Effectively manage travel logistics to maximize sales productivity
- Update and manage all relevant customer account information in our CRM database
- Represent company at industry association meetings and trade shows as required to promote company and services offered.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with 3-4 years of sales experience in a related technical field.
- Solution based selling/consultative sales is an asset.
- Experience with test equipment/machinery and related disciplines.
- Experience managing business proposals, making presentations, and closing deals.
- Proficiency in MS Office, and sales reporting is required.
- Experience with CRM software and sales management tools is a plus
- Fluent in English and at least one more language is desirable.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Very curious and highly inquisitive in nature.
- Technically proficient and comfortable working with sophisticated, complex solutions.
- Capable of synthetizing and transforming complex needs into effective engineering solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to inquire, convince and lead conversations to close sales.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Results and objectives oriented, with the ability to function in a self-directed manner with a high degree of independence and autonomy, taking ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, innovative company where commitment to teamwork is paramount to success in this position.
- Ability to travel frequently (approximately 25%) domestically, and overseas when required.
ViVitro Labs provides contract testing services and test equipment solutions to support medical device innovations in the cardiovascular space. An internationally recognized and trusted source for testing, with two ISO 17025 accredited laboratories, and with a reputable history of more than 25 years, ViVitro Labs is a small company relied upon by hundreds of organizations in over 40 countries for its expertise in testing the industry’s most advanced cardiovascular devices.
ViVitro Labs works closely with universities, medical device manufacturers and regulatory bodies around the world to support medical device programs. As a leader in the cardiovascular device industry, ViVitro is an active participant in several ISO working groups.
ViVitro Labs is a small, tight-knit team looking at significant international growth in the next 5 years.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through the Job Portal with a resume that outlines how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to email@example.com with the “North America Business Development Manager Job Portal Issue” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.
To find out more about ViVitro Labs, visit: www.ViVitroLabs.com