Quality Assurance Specialist (Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON)
We are seeking a detail oriented Quality Assurance Specialist to provide quality assurance support to ViVitro Labs’ laboratory and product development departments. This is a contract position for a minimum of one year, and due to the pandemic, it is currently a remote working position. The future location of this role is in Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON, with occasional travel to the South of France required.
In this role, you will bring your deep understanding of mechanical engineering and your experience in quality assurance, specifically within an ISO 17025 environment, to facilitate the harmonization of two QMS systems. Your extensive knowledge and experience will enable you to be an influencer for strategic change and support continued organizational growth.
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Specialist include:
- Managing ISO 17025 Quality Management System (QMS) harmonization project between 2 facilities
- Review and may be responsible for authoring SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and Work Instructions and design forms, with minimal supervision
- Conduct internal audits of the QMS, prepares audit reports and follow up on non-conformances
- Follow up on resolution of internal audits, Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA), Non Conformance Report (NCR) and Engineering Change Requests (ECR); participate in root cause analysis
- Work closely with personnel to resolve all issues resulting from review (document corrections, deviations, and clarifications)
Required Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in technical or science fields, preferably mechanical engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in an ISO 17025 accredited facility in a quality assurance role.
- Working knowledge of a Quality Management System, and requirements of ISO 17025.
- Lead ISO 17025 Auditor, ASQ or SQA certification desirable.
- Bilingual English/French desirable
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance concepts and practices
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations and compliance concepts
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrates proactive thinking and actions
- Ability to read and respond to audiences appropriately
- Familiar with equipment calibration and uncertainty of measurement principles
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
To find out more about this contract Quality Assurance Specialist role, please review the full Job Description.
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description qualified applicants for the contract Quality Assurance Specialist role are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a covering letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgment of your application, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.