ViVitro Labs, is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, and motivated Test Engineer with exceptional attention to detail and a keen interest in managing test protocols, performing tests and analyzing outcomes. This position is based in Victoria, BC.
ViVitro Labs is a growing business and they are actively expanding their testing capabilities to better serve their customers around the world. They are the only company in this space with two ISO 17025 accredited laboratories that offer a unique testing platform specialized in mechanical, hydrodynamic and functional testing of cardiovascular medical devices.
As a Test Engineer at ViVitro Labs, you will join a small, dynamic team and be challenged scientifically, as you will be required to dig deep to understand the methods, physics and science as well as the hydrodynamics for heart valve and other cardiovascular testing. You will bring professional mechanical testing experience, preferably within a quality management system, and enjoy the variety of new testing projects every month. Your solid scientific background in materials and fluid dynamics and experience with LabVIEW and CAD experience would benefit you in this role that offers ample opportunities for learning and growth. Did we mention the opportunity to live abroad?
- Write test protocols, perform tests, and write test reports with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Perform tests and studies ordered by clients
- Manage technical and scientific interface between the customers and the company in relation to contract services.
- Communicate to clients and management effectively and in a timely manner on the status of experiments.
- Design, develop, test and qualify fixtures and support for test equipment
- Provide technical support in developing and implementing new test methods with supporting documentation
- Adhere to ISO 17025 Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including developing and maintaining documentation.
- Ensure that studies are performed in accordance with the test protocol, record any deviations from the protocol and any raw data
- Operates and maintains lab equipment.
- Manage equipment identification and maintain equipment documentation.
- Work independently with minimal supervision. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Prepare and perform technical communications related to internal projects
- Being part of a small company, which operates in multiple countries, be prepared to fulfill other duties out the scope of responsibility when needed.
- Travel overseas in support of any testing activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Works under general guidance and direction to deliver a defined end result or service.
- Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, investigating all the facts.
- Uses standard methods and procedures or the adaptation of established methods and procedures to analyze and solve problems.
- Contributes actively in team activities, sharing experience and ideas.
Education and Experience Required:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering or similar, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Min 2-3 Years of professional mechanical testing experience in related mechanical engineering fields.
- Previous experience working with a quality system is preferred.
- Experience with LabVIEW and CAD is a strong plus.
- Solid scientific background in materials and fluid dynamics is desired.
- Demonstrated experience and capabilities will be considered in lieu of qualifications.
- French proficiency level (verbal, writing, and reading) is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and motivated with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Some travel, including interlaboratory work between France and Canada
- Light lifting may be required
ViVitro Labs is a Canadian company that specializes in cardiovascular device test equipment and contract testing services. ViVitro Labs provides in-vitro, in-silico and ex-vivo test solutions and high-level expertise tailored to current R&D, manufacturing and regulatory cardiovascular medical device projects. We de-risk the medical device development process by providing:
- Physiologically relevant customized and prepackage solutions to innovators.
- Robust, simplified, reliable, controlled equipment and services in response to production needs.
- Qualified and validated services to fulfill regulatory requirements.
Their laboratories are equipped to perform a wide variety of tests in accordance with international standards. Our proximity to North American and European customers is an asset to provide responsive and quality services.
Following the recent acquisition of its European division in Marseille, France, ViVitro Labs is expanding its testing capabilities to better serve its customers around the world. ViVitro Labs is looking for individuals who would like to join a growing business and work in a high tech international industry. ViVitro Labs can provide ample opportunities for growth in their team. To find out more about ViVitro Labs visit: www.ViVitroLabs.com
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates for the Test Engineer role at ViVitro Labs are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.