widely-used heart model
The ViVitro Pulse Duplicator system is the world’s most widely cited and most used in-vitro cardiovascular hydrodynamic testing system.
The ViVitro Pulse Duplicator simulates the function of the heart (left or right) by generating pulsatile flow through prosthetic heart valves placed in the Model Heart (Left or Right). Powered by the ViVitro SuperPump pulsatile pump, it is composed of the ViVitro Model Heart (Left or Right), SuperPump pulsatile pump, Flow Measuring System and ViViTest data acquisition system. The components work together to assess the performance of prosthetic heart valves under simulated cardiac conditions. The ViVitro Pulse Duplicator System is used by the US Food and Drug Administration and is recognised and used by regulatory bodies worldwide including TÜV, BSI and Chinese CFDA.
The Pulse Duplicator System assesses the performance of cardiovascular devices and prosthetic heart valves under simulated cardiac conditions. It simulates physiological or other complex flow variations while allowing the user to vary the peripheral resistance and compliance of the system. Pressure ports and flow measuring locations allow for data to be collected from aortic or mitral sites. Transparent viewpoints allow multiple viewing angles of the valve including inflow and outflow.
Combined with the ViVitest software control system, it quickly, easily and reliably collects and analyzes physiological flow and pressure data. The ViVitest software also allows the user to easily modify and customize waveforms.
The ViVitro Pulse Duplicator System is cited in numerous research studies throughout the world. Visit our Citation Database for the current list of applications and articles.
Read our FAQs:
- 10 ways ViVitro Pulse Duplicator compares to equipment built in-house
- Using the ViVitro Pulse Duplicator for Right Heart Testing
- How do I mount my device in the ViVitro Pulse Duplicator?
Contact Us for a more comprehensive understanding of how the ViVitro Pulse Duplicator can be customized to expand and enhance your device testing capabilities.
Product Code: 18363
Related Part Numbers: SD2001 Model Heart (Left or Right), FS0992 Flow Meter
- Capable of testing a range of prosthetic heart valves including stented tissue, percutaneous, stentless, mechanical, and other valves
- Flow and pressure readings can be acquired meeting ISO 5840 frequency response and accuracy requirements and analyzed for device performance to ISO 5840 requirements
- Peripheral resistance and supplementary characteristic compliances to simulate cardiovascular character and resistance
- Evaluate LVAD or other assist devices (with customization)
- Test structural heart and peripheral vascular device
It really is like an industry standard. I love the machine.