widely-used heart model
Viscoelastic Impedance Adapter (VIA)
Product Code: VIA7991
The ViVitro Viscoelastic Impedance Adapter (VIA) works in conjunction with the SuperPump pulsatile pump to produce more realistic physiological ventricular pressures. It consists of a fixed resistive element and two adjustable compliance chambers to simulate ventricular viscoelastic behavior.Features:
- Adjustable dP/dt ratio to produce both physiological and diseased cardiac models
- Filters high frequency noise when testing prosthetic valves and aortic conduits
- Easily adjusted
- Fixed resistance
- 200 c.g.s. units
- Compliance air volumes
- SOURCE 0-120 ml, OUTPUT 0-60 ml, syringe adjustable
- Total liquid volume
- 500 ml with SOURCE / OUTPUT compliance air volumes zero
- Acrylic, Polycarbonate, Delrin, Nylon, Polyethylene, Stainless Steel, Viton
ViVitro Labs Pulse Duplicator Characterization Valve Kit
Product Code: 56466 SJM MECHANICAL, 19MM
Product Code: 56468 SJM MECHANICAL, 25MM
ISO 5840-2:2021 and 5840-3:2021 now require performance characterization of pulse duplicator system performance. The ViVitro Labs Pulse Duplicator characterization valve kit includes a ISO 5840:2021 ViVitro Labs Pulse Duplicator characterization test method and St. Jude Master’s valve with certified results for the ViVitro Pulse duplicator.Features:
- St. Jude Master’s Valve
- ISO 5840:2021 ViVitro Labs Pulse Duplicator characterization test method
- Certificate with St. Jude Master’s Valve test method results
Large Atrium Chamber (Mitral)
Product Code: 21179
The Large Atrium chamber allows devices with an outer diameter of up to 70mm to be tested in the Pulse Duplicator.
- Expands the mitral device testing capabilities of the system
- Quick-release system allows fast device changes
- Accurate flow measurements from flow probe at Atrium inflow
- Enhanced visibility using large viewing window for mitral device inflow
- Customizable Valve Mounting
- Easily added to a ViVitro Pulse Duplicator
Percutaneous Access Device
Transapical Access Product Code: 18496 Transfemoral Access Product Code: 18497
ViVitro offers two standard methods of deploying percutaneous devices into the Pulse Duplicator system; either Transfemoral or Transapical access (Aortic and Mitral). Additional methods can be customized by ViVitro or third party specialists.Percutaneous Catheter Access enables the deployment of transcatheter devices in an active Pulse Duplicator while the flow loop is operating under pressure. The Percutaneous Catheter Access is designed to accommodate up to 34 French deployment devices and mounts easily to a ViVitro Model Heart (Left or Right). Features:
- Transapical access can be rotated to access aortic or mitral valves
- Catheter insertion with little to no fluid loss during pulsatile operation
- Replaceable valves
- Easy to disassemble and clean
Aortic Conduit Mount (formerly LVOT)
Product Code: 18903
The ViVitro Aortic Conduit Mount (formerly LVOT) can be used to mount a compliant aorta and test percutaneous valves in the ViVitro Model Heart (Left or Right) system. A variety of Aortic Conduit Mount sizes can be custom made to accommodate silicone tubes with relaxed tube IDs of 12-29 mm. A tube may be expandable up to about 50mm OD. The aortic conduit mount accommodates conduit lengths from 44 to 64 mm.Available in the following sizes: 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, and 29 mm ID.
Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) Accessory
Product Code: 25205
The Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) accessory enables testing of LVAD devices with physiological pulsatile flows generated by the ViVitro Pulse Duplicator. It is an optional add-on to the ViVitro Pulse Duplicator. A ventricular cannulation option is also available. Connection points are ½” hose barbs.The accessory package includes components which provide connection points for the:
- Ventricle apex
- Aortic chamber
PIV Load Assembly
Product Code: 21026
Aortic Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) Flow VisualizationThe PIV Load Assembly provides an optically clear, anatomically representative aortic inflow and outflow to enable Particle Imaging Velocimetry studies in the Pulse Duplicator. The PIV Load Assembly replaces the lower half of the standard aortic load assembly and is easily substituted into the ViVitro Labs Pulse Duplicator.
- Optically clear, non-distorting inflow and outflow section
- Interchangeable and customizable silicone aortic annulus
- Anatomical aortic sinuses
- Outflow pressure port
- Easily installed in the Pulse Duplicator
SpecificationsThe geometry of the aortic root is based on a reasonable simplification of the average measurements published in manuscripts by Tops (2008) and Buellesfeld (2013) (data procured from MSCT).
- Optically clear Acrylic components
- 28mm I.D. aortic root (other sizes available upon request)
- 90mm long outflow section
- 38mm inflow section
PIV setup including laser, lenses, high speed camera, and PIV Load Assembly in a Pulse Duplicator.
Production Tester Quality Control System
Product Codes: 21026
The ViVitro Production Tester Quality Control System provides a simplified system that assesses valve performance criteria for production quality control. It is an add-on to the ViVitro Pulse Duplicator and is intended for Production / QC applications. The Production Tester quickly captures reliable results for a fraction of the cost of designing an in-house system. In conjunction with QCtest software, the Production Tester assesses pressure and flow criteria while recording high speed valve footage via an integrated camera.Features & Applications
- Captures pressure and flow data including:
- Transvalvular Pressure
- Effective Orifice Area
- Regurgitant Fraction
- Captures high-speed video
- Provides Pass/Fail results
- Administrators can set individual operation parameters for technicians:
- Operating conditions
- User defined Pass/Fail performance assessment
- Defined calibration expiry intervals
- Test data is tracked by linking result logs to valve model and serial number
- Quick-change valve holder can be custom-tailored to valve design
Pulse Duplicator Pressure Transducers
Product Code: HCM018
The ViVitro Data Acquisition System includes 3 Utah Medical 6069 Pressure Transducers. Additional Pressure Transducers can be ordered separately.A cable test-port allows for easy verification of monitoring system accuracy and reusable interface cables are available for most every monitor.
- The I/O Module and AmPack provide the interface from the pressure transducers to the Data Acquisition System.
- Suitable for use with the Pulse Duplicator, EV Simulator, Real-Time Wear Tester or the HiCycle (modified connector when used with Scan Valve).
Product Code: 6104
This precision, handheld, digital pressure reference manometer conveniently calibrates pressure transducers. Can be re-calibrated in the field for zero, span, and linearity.
- Accurate primary standards to calibrate devices locally
- 1 point or 5 point calibration options
- Engineering Units - Inches of H2O (select 4 °C, 20 °C, or 60 °F), PSI, mm of Hg, inches of Hg, mBars, Bars, kPa, kg/cm2, cm of H2O and user selectable scaling.
- Accuracy: ±0.05% FS
- Media Compatibility - DN: Non-isolated differential sensor for clean, dry, non-corrosive gases. GI & AI: Isolated Gauge or Absolute sensor for fluids compatible with 316L SS
Product Code: 26365
The Inflator Syringe includes a plunger lock and fine threaded adjustment for easier pressure calibration of the ViVitro Data Acquisition System.
- 25 mL barrel volume
- Locking plunger
- Fine adjustment by means of the threaded plunger knob
Heat Exchanger and Heat Bath
Heat Exchanger Product Code: HE9991, Heat Bath Product Code: 10679 N.A., 10680 Int'l
The ViVitro Heat Exchanger allows heating of test fluid with minimal interference of the fluid flow.
- Maintains testing solution to desired temperature ± 0.5°C
- Low Pressure drop with minimal interference to the fluid flow
- Test fluid is not exposed to high temperature heating elements
- Easy to disassemble and clean
The Heat Bath Temperature Controller delivers rapid fluid heat-up, optimized for the ViVitro Pulse Duplicator. These heated circulating baths feature a long life, high-wattage heater.
- Over Temperature and Low Reservoir level automatic system cut-offs eliminate risk of over heating system components
- Reservoir volume
- 6 litres (1.5 gallons)
- Temperature range
- ambient 15°C to 150°C
- Digital ±0.05°C
- Work area dimensions
- 20 x 15 x 13 cm
- Overall dimensions
- 23 x 36 x 37 cm
- 1000 W
- Pumping capacity
- 12 L/min at 0 psig
- Electrical Requirements
- 115 VAC, 60 Hz, 15 amp or 230 VAC, 50 Hz 10 amps (specify when ordering)
It really is like an industry standard. I love the machine.