physiological cardiac flows
What is a Pulsatile Blood Pump? A pulsatile pump generates a pulsating output and can be used replicate the volumetric displacement, displacement waveform shape, and beat rate of the heart. They can be used to create physiological cardiac flows for in vitro testing and development of cardiovascular medical devices.
The ViVitro SuperPump pulsatile pump is a digitally controlled hydraulic piston that creates physiological cardiac flows that are unsurpassed in reliability, functionality, and versatility, the AR Series digital technology provides maximum control with precision accuracy. The SuperPump pulsatile blood pump works with ViVitro or independently produced accessories to create reliable cardiac flows for any type of cardiovascular device.
The ViVitro SuperPump pulsatile pump is used in numerous studies throughout the world. Visit our Citation Database for the current list of applications and articles.
The SuperPump pulsatile pump provides maximum operator control with precision accuracy. The pump can be controlled by preconfigured waveforms or by customizable ViViTest software input.
- Provides controlled pulsatile flow
- Digital motor with high torque to inertia ratio provides smooth and reliable functionality
- Controller offers variable amplitude and monitors position and velocity
- Made with materials that are chemically compatible with most sterilization and testing solutions
- Arrhythmia and wave train function
- Piston-in-cylinder pump head design
- Proven history of reliability
The SuperPump AR is pre-loaded with up to 5 waveforms stored on the controller which enables the pulsatile pump to be used as a standalone device. Custom waveforms may also be stored on the controller for standalone use.
The ViVitro SuperPump AR Series can be driven by external waveform sources giving flexibility for waveform input. Function generators, personal computers with I/O functionality, custom hardware, microcontroller development boards, and even smartphones can directly control the flow output of the pump. SuperPump feedback can be captured using an oscilloscope or other acquisition device to monitor waveform accuracy. A major advantage of the ViVitro Labs SuperPump AR is its ability to accurately follow user-defined waveforms. The system can provide accurate flows for a wide variety of applications.
Our new data sheet explains this in detail. Here are some highlights:
There are four options for running our pulsatile pump with waveforms:
- Pre-loaded waveforms
- ViViGen software to create and upload custom waveforms (ViViGen software is now included with the SuperPump!)
- External Waveform sources including function generators, PCs with I/O functionality, hardware, micro-controller development boards, and even smartphones
- ViViTest software to drive the controller directly while performing tests
Contact us for more details about how the ViVitro SuperPump can expand and enhance your device testing capabilities.
Product Code: 10647
Pulsatile Pump Testing Capabilities
- Heart valve function testing
- Peripheral devices
- Vascular devices
- Aortic Valve By-Pass
- LVADs simulator
- Flow transducer evaluation/calibration
- Isolated heart driver
- Echo Doppler flow phantom
- Neurovascular studies
- Blood vessel flow studies
- MRI studies
- Bioreactors & Incubators
- Applications requiring physiological flows and pressure
- Other cardiovascular devices