physiological cardiac flows
Product Code: 16796
The ViVitro Pump Head can be used with the ViVitro SuperPump to create a circulatory, pulsatile flow loop. The Pump Head accommodates ventricular pressure monitoring using Luer fittings. It may be mounted directly to the SuperPump or can be used in conjunction with the ViVitro Viscoelastic Impedance Adaptor to attenuate pressure traces.Features:
- Silicone ventricle membrane to isolate SuperPump piston from test fluid.
- Low closing volume spring loaded disc valves
- 13 mm (1/2”) hose connectors
- Easy to debubble
- Easy to disassemble and clean
Viscoelastic Impedance Adapter (VIA)
Product Code: VIA7991
The ViVitro Viscoelastic Impedance Adapter (VIA) works in conjunction with the SuperPump to produce more realistic physiological ventricular pressures. It consists of a fixed resistive element and two adjustable compliance chambers to simulate ventricular viscoelastic behavior.Features:
- Adjustable dP/dt ratio to produce both physiological and diseased cardiac models
- Filters high frequency noise when testing prosthetic valves and aortic conduits
- Easily adjusted
- Fixed resistance
- 200 c.g.s. units
- Compliance air volumes
- SOURCE 0-120 ml, OUTPUT 0-60 ml, syringe adjustable
- Total liquid volume
- 500 ml with SOURCE / OUTPUT compliance air volumes zero
- Acrylic, Polycarbonate, Delrin, Nylon, Polyethylene, Stainless Steel, Viton
Ex Vivo Simulator
Product Codes: 29348: Ex Vivo System Bundle / 10647: SuperPump System / 25654: Compliance Assembly 30146: Accessories / 29300: Tray Assembly
The Ex Vivo Simulator uses a ViVitro Labs SuperPump to generate physiological flows in an excised heart for bench top testing. The system can model either the left or right heart, or two systems can be combined to generate a four chamber model.Features:
- The Ex Vivo beating heart combines clinical anatomical similarity with controllable physiological flow and pressure signatures for bench top testing. This results in repeatability and ease of use, and anatomical and functional performance previously only found in animal models.
- Access sites at the arteries, atrium and apex allow for the insertion of catheters and other devices. Optional pressure transducers and data acquisition system acquire the arterial, ventricular and atrial pressures and a flow meter measures the cardiac output of the simulator.
- Investigate valve movement with an endoscope or ultrasound. Pathological states such as low ejection fractions and high beat rates can be simulated with the heart via the SuperPump. Degenerative and functional mitral regurgitation can be simulated by severing the mitral chords and pressurizing the left ventricle, respectively.