Torsional Bond Strength
The purpose of this test is to determine the torque required to cause failure of the joints and/or fixed connections in the catheter system.
Uses the rotation motor and the torque sensor to determine the rotation/torque required to break joints and/or materials in the appropriate device components.
This is often a component level test, and the weakest element of the system typically at locations where adhesives, thermal fusion, or other joining methods are used for bonding components of the delivery system. All bonds must withstand forces greater than those that may be experienced during clinical use.
- Failure Mode
- Location of the failure
- Maximum, minimum, mean, and standard deviation of the torsional bond strength
- PTA, PTCA, coronary and peripheral stent delivery systems – functional performance during simulated use
- TAVI and TMVR delivery systems – functional performance during simulated use
- Thrombectomy devices — functional performance during simulated use
- Guidewires testing – functional performance during simulated use
- Endoscopic devices – functional performance during simulated use
- RF ablation catheters testing – functional performance during simulated use
- Any interventional delivery systems – functional performance during simulated us
Cardiovascular implants — Endovascular devices — Part 2: Vascular stents
Cardiovascular implants — Endovascular devices — Part 1: Endovascular prostheses
ViVitro Labs Advantages
Many companies look to academia to handle their testing needs due to the reduced cost. With ViVitro Laboratory Services you gain the following advantages:
Time to Market
We understand how critical your timelines are. Our expertise and experience ensure your schedule is met and our commitments are delivered on time.
ISO 17025 Accredited
For studies used for regulatory approval this is a must. Victoria and Marseille labs accredited by A2LA.
Free Initial Consultations
All of our studies are scoped via no-cost, no obligation, collaborative consultation.
We happily provide Non-Disclosure Agreements for all services, including initial consultation.