Steady Flow Testing – Hydrodynamic Performance
Hydrodynamic Performance Steady flow testing determines the forward and reverse flow performance characteristics of a valve in a simple and highly controlled manner. While no formal acceptance criteria exists for steady flow testing, it can be useful in confirming results of pulsatile flow testing.
Includes: Steady Forward flow testing, Steady back flow leakage testing, Stent Post Deflection, Migration, and Burst Testing
Steady Forward-Flow Testing
Measurement of the pressure difference across the test valve and the standard nozzle over a flow range of 5 to 30 l/min in 5 l/min increments. Collecting and recording of at least five measurements at each flow rate.
- Measure of the transvalvular pressure gradient
- Evaluate the Effective Orifice Area (EOA) of the valve
Steady Back-Flow Leakage Testing
Measurement of the static leakage across the test valve and the standard nozzle at five equidistant back-pressures in the physiological range recommended by the ISO 5840 standard for the adult and pediatric population as well as right and left heart conditions. Collecting and recording of at least five measurements at each level of back pressure.
- Measure of static leakage flow
Pressure at which device failure occurs.
Pressure at which devices migrates.
- Steady Flow test bench
- Data acquisition system ±15mV with Software
- Calibrated Standard nozzles
- Calibrated thermometer
- Calibrated Manometer
- Calibrated Flow Meter
- Thermo-regulated tank
- Mean transvalvular pressure gradient at each flow rate
- Effective Orifice Area (EOA) of the valve at each flow rate
- Mean static leakage flow rate (transvalvular and paravalvular) at each back pressure
- Surgical Valves: SAVR, SMVR, SPVR, STVR
- Transcatheter Valves: TAVI / TAVR, TMVI / TMVR, TPVI / TPVRTMVR, TTVR / TTVI and any other transcatheter valve
- Biological, Polymeric, mechanical valves, tissue engineered
- Artificial heart valves prosthesis
- Venous valves
- Valvular conduits
- Any valvular prosthesis
- Any cardiac repair device
Cardiovascular implants — Cardiac valve prostheses — Part 2: Surgically implanted heart valve substitutes
Cardiovascular implants — Cardiac valve prostheses — Part 3: Heart valve substitutes implanted by transcatheter techniques
Cardiovascular implants — Cardiac valve prostheses — Part 1: General requirements
NF EN 12006-1
Non active surgical implants – Particular requirements for cardiac and vascular implants – Part 1 : heart valve substitutes
- Pulsatile Flow Testing – Hydrodynamic Performance
- Accelerated Wear Testing (AWT)
- Steady Flow Testing – Stent Post Deflection
OLE0911, OLE0912, OLE0920, OLE0937
Heart Valve prosthesis steady flow tester
Heart Valve Prosthesis steady flow test chamber
ViVitro Labs Advantages
Many companies look to academia to handle their testing needs due to the reduced cost. With ViVitro Laboratory Services you gain the following advantages:
Time to Market
We understand how critical your timelines are. Our expertise and experience ensure your schedule is met and our commitments are delivered on time.
Free Initial Consultations
All of our studies are scoped via no-cost, no obligation, collaborative consultation.
We happily provide Non-Disclosure Agreements for all services, including initial consultation.