Burst Strength – Probe Method
A probe is traversed through the specimen until it ruptures.
An area of the sample of the prosthesis to be tested is clamped over a 10 mm diameter orifice by means of a flat annular clamp ring. A 10 mm cylindrical probe with a hemispherical head is traversed through the specimen until it ruptures. A tensile testing machine with a constant rate of traverse and with an accuracy of ± 5 % is used.
- Any device using vascular prostheses
- Vascular prosthesis
- Biological, synthetic textile/non-textile materials, non-textile material
- Stent Grafts: SX or BX frame, NiTi, CrCo, SS, Biological tissues, synthetic textile materials/* non-textile material, non-textile material
- Covered stent: SX or BX frame, NiTi, CrCo, SS, Biological tissue, synthetic textile/non-textile * material, non-textile material
- Tubular, bifurcated, branched
Cardiovascular implants and extracorporeal systems — Vascular prostheses — Tubular vascular grafts and vascular patches
ViVitro Labs Advantages
Many companies look to academia to handle their testing needs due to the reduced cost. With ViVitro Laboratory Services you gain the following advantages:
Time to Market
We understand how critical your timelines are. Our expertise and experience ensure your schedule is met and our commitments are delivered on time.
Free Initial Consultations
All of our studies are scoped via no-cost, no obligation, collaborative consultation.
We happily provide Non-Disclosure Agreements for all services, including initial consultation.