Durability Testing (Integrated Durability Assessment)
Durability testing is intended to determine the in-vitro lifetime, the anticipated failure modes, and potential failure consequences (e.g. immediate total loss of function or gradual degradation of function).
Durability testing investigates the interaction between of various components of a finished medical device.
Due to the complexity of the devices and experimental setups, and the long test duration, a combination of approaches such as Accelerated Wear Testing (AWT), Dynamic Failure Mode Testing (DFM), and Real-time wear testing (RWT) may be employed.
As manufacturer of the world’s leading durability test instruments, ViVitro Labs is well equipped to offer durability testing to a wide range of cardiac devices. The HiCycle and Real Time Wear Tester offer customization to accommodate a wide variety of cardiovascular devices.
The HiCycle moves a test sample through a static column of fluid and is ideal for valves, occluders, closure devices, patches, valvular repair or reconstruction devices.
The RWT was built with customization in mind. Custom fixturing is mounted inside a temperature controlled tank and subjected to loading via bellows and the SuperPump.
- Number of Cycles conforming to loading conditions (target pressures across the closed valve were attained for at least 5 % of each cycle)
- Sample pressure waveforms
- Opening and closing kinematics under highspeed video
- Photographic documentation of the appearance of the test sample at defined inspection intervals
- Hydrodynamic performance at defined inspection intervals
- Surgical Valves: SAVR, SMVR, SPVR, STVR
- Transcatheter Valves: TAVI / TAVR, TMVI / TMVR, TPVI / TPVRTMVR, TTVR / TTVI and any other transcatheter valve
- Biological, Polymeric, mechanical valves, tissue engineered
- Artificial heart valves prosthesis
- Venous valves
- Valvular conduits
- Any valvular prosthesis
- Any cardiac repair device
Cardiovascular implants — Cardiac valve prostheses — Part 2: Surgically implanted heart valve substitutes
Cardiovascular implants — Cardiac valve prostheses — Part 3: Heart valve substitutes implanted by transcatheter techniques
ViVitro Labs Advantages
Many companies look to academia to handle their testing needs due to the reduced cost. With ViVitro Laboratory Services you gain the following advantages:
Time to Market
We understand how critical your timelines are. Our expertise and experience ensure your schedule is met and our commitments are delivered on time.
Free Initial Consultations
All of our studies are scoped via no-cost, no obligation, collaborative consultation.
We happily provide Non-Disclosure Agreements for all services, including initial consultation.